Lemon and Blueberry Scones - sugar free
Sometimes you might like a sweet tasting treat that uses natural sugars to give that sweet touch. Here's this month's sugar-free dessert from Jaz.:)
- 3 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 60g olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl, add flour and olive oil and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the centre. Add 1 cup of milk. Mix with a flat-bladed knife or silicone spatula until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more milk if required. Add in blueberries, zest and juice. Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Pat dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a 5cm (diameter) round cutter, cut out 6-7 rounds. Place scones onto prepared baking tray, 1cm apart. Brush tops with an egg wash. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and well risen. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Enjoy on their own or add a touch of cream!